Ignoring the fact I have been specifically tagged, and not completed, a few memes in the past couple of months, this one I think I can tackle. Thanks to Cliff for the open invite.
1. My uncle once: remembered my birthday (LOL!!).
2. Never in my life: have I chosen to eat a raw tomato, ick ick ick.
3. When I was five: I had the run of the house as my sister had yet to appear.
4. High school was: much the same as anyone else who was smarter than most and didn’t “fit in” with the cool kids.
5. I will never forget: finishing my first 10K and the emotions that went with that.
6. Once I met: a homeless person and bought him coffee and a doughnut.
7. There’s this girl I know: Who writes a blog that no-one reads, and she’s really good but hates getting compliments (and I’m not linking to it until I get permission).
8. Once, at a bar: I stole a bottle of champagne and no-one noticed.
9. By noon, I’m usually: ready for lunch and checking what the afternoon holds.
10. Last night: I did some work on a blog design, it’s coming along nicely (and the client is really nice, that helps).
11. If only I had: more discipline.
12. Next time I go to church: I’ll, again, wonder why I’m there.
13. What worries me most: is what the future may or may not hold.
14. When I turn my head left I see: a MacBook and the remnants of my lunch.
15. When I turn my head right I see: out of the window, across the cul-de-sac.
16. You know I’m lying when: I don’t tell the truth.
17. What I miss most about the Eighties is: ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!.
18. If I were a character in Shakespeare I’d be: an obscure snob, sitting on the sidelines whilst the main play unfolded, chipping in with witty asides.
19. By this time next year: I’ll be a year older.
20. A better name for me would be: Mr. Research.
21. I have a hard time understanding: people who are happy to accept the status quo, who accept prejudice as fact and remain inconsiderate of others.
22. If I ever go back to school, I’ll: only be there to gloat.
23. You know I like you if: I smile when we talk.
24. If I ever won an award, the first person I would thank would be: whoever nominated me.
25. Take my advice, never: that plate of melted cheese? Don’t eat it.
26. My ideal breakfast is: filter coffee and toast with lashings of butter and honey.
27. A song I love but do not have is: the live version of Hotel California that they use on MTV sometimes (OK OK, Q or VH2).
28. If you visit my hometown, I suggest you: Climb up to the castle, and enjoy the view down the Clyde.
29. Why won’t people: just get along?
30. If you spend a night at my house: red wine and takeaway curry, good music and laughter.
31. I’d stop my wedding for: no-one as I’m already married, thanks!
32. The world could do without: idiots.
33. I’d rather lick the belly of a cockroach than: let ANYONE stick ANYTHING in my EYE EVER.
34. My favourite blonde(s) is/are: Marilyn Monroe.
35. Paper clips are more useful than: not having paper clips when you need one.
36. If I do anything well it’s: convincing people that I can do anything well.
37. I can’t help but: constantly need something to hold my attention.
38. I usually cry: at soppy movies, or soppy TV shows, or… basically any form of simple emotional manipulation and I tear up.
39. My advice to my child/nephew/niece: only you know what YOU really want, learn to listen to yourself.
40. And by the way: one day this blog will cease to exist.
And I’ll take the same route as Cliff and wimp out of nominating anyone in particular. Instead, if you haven’t blogged for a while or just fancy a change, grab the sentences and finish them yourself.