Here in the UK, there is no escaping the fact that Christmas is approaching. On TV the adverts have started, the store shelves are being stocked, and in the office talk is turning to who might make a fool of themselves at the Christmas party.
It’s also about this time of year I start dropping hints in the hope that I don’t end up with yet another reindeer sweater…
So, in keeping with the Christmas spirit of giving, and to save you all some time and effort, here’s a few suggestions that you could, perhaps, print out and leave sitting around for a loved one to happen upon, or email to a sibling with a subject line of “Buy me something from this list and nothing else!!”
- Document Engineering: Analyzing and Designing Documents for Business Informatics and Web Services – I’ve just started re-reading this and the more I read, the more value I gain. Don’t be fooled by the titled, this is about content first and foremost.
- Conversation and Community: The Social Web for Documentation, 2nd Edition – a new edition of a book I recommend at every opportunity. The social web has changed the landscape for many of us, this book will help you cope.
- A new mug for the office perhaps?
- A nice pen? I like this one, but I’m sure this one would do me.
- A nice notebook, or two or, if you are like some of the stationary fans I know, several!: Moleskine Ruled Notebook
- How about a Dropbox account – always have your stuff handy when you need it and an easy way to share files with others.
- Reindeer Sweater – awwww come on, it’s Christmas!
Hopefully some of the above suggestions will save you from yet another pair of slippers…
Note: Most of the above links go through an affiliate account, so I get a few pence if you actually purchase the item.