At the start of the year I set out some aims for myself and, in the spirit of accountability, here’s how I’m doing with each.
Writing – Write in my journal every day
- Progress – I have written in my journal everyday for the past 45 days!
- What’s next? – Get back into writing short fiction pieces.
Meditating – Meditate for 10 mins every day
- Progress – Managing 10 mins a day, mostly during my lunch time, almost every day.
- What’s next? – Keep it going!
Exercising – Stretch every day
- Progress – OK. I’ve not managed to nail the morning routine and I know it helps my mobility.
- What’s next? – Try and build that stretching routine.
Note: I’ve also been seeing a Physio which has gone VERY well and I’ve just (last night) completed the first session of Couch to 5K so I’m giving myself a break on this one. But it’s probably more important moving forward to get this one sorted.
The real reason to have these aims was to give my brain a focus away from social media. On that front it’s been pretty successful and the best metric is probably the seven books I’ve already read this year.
I’ll write more about all of this throughout the year, largely to keep myself accountable, and I’m already feeling the difference to my mental health from not being on social media so much. I can dip in and out without getting sucked in (and down) into all the noise.
And, most important of all, the balance of all of this feels right.