One of the most popular posts on my blog was written a few years ago but still gets a lot of visits and comments; How to embed linked images in Word 2007.
Some of the comments have offered better solutions and one in particular I found myself searching for today. Having upgrade to Office 2010 I’ve realised that Microsoft has, again, “improved” the user interface by moving things around!
So, courtesy of Sarah, here are the updated instructions for how to embed linked images in Microsoft Word 2010:
- With your Word document open, click the File tab, top-left of the window.
- On the left-hand side, select Info.
- On the right-hand side, near the bottom, click Edit Links to Files.
- In the dialog that is displayed, select and highlight the images you want to convert from the list.
- Check the Save picture in document checkbox.
- Click the Break Link button.
- Click OK to confirm.
The links are removed and the images are now embedded in your Word document.
A quick check of the filesize of the Word document should show a marked increase and you can now distribute the Word document, and the Word document only, safe in the knowledge that the images are embedded.