The Batmobile

Also known as a Ford Fiesta Titanium, 1.6 TDCi, with Tech Pack (bluetooth, USB port, keyless entry and ignition) and Body Styling kit (front, rear and side skirts). Got about £3.5k off list price.

1. NKV said:

Nice rims!

March 1, 2010
  2. Lyle said:

Very nice! Brand new?

March 1, 2010
  3. graybo said:

I drove a Nissan recently with keyless entry. Nearly drove me bonkers and really questionable from a practicality and safety point of view if you have a small child. Aside from that, a sound choice, I think. Being a Ford diesel, it should be good for at least 200k miles – I trust you plan to keep it that long and not waste more money on cars?

March 1, 2010

Brand new, 10 miles on clock.

I’ll keep it for 4 years (about £100K) then see how I feel I think 🙂 (I’m hoping hovercars will be out by then.. I mean it’ll be 2014 fer chrissakes!!)

March 1, 2010
  5. Ian D said:

Looking good. I fear this will be the year I need to replace my old Focus. Fear! I guess you wouldn’t recommend the Honda?

March 1, 2010

Ian, the Civic was a great car to drive, well equipped but just too expensive to run for the mileage we do (20k a year or so).

If it was cheaper to tax, service and run (we got about 47mpg) then I’d still have it, or a newer one. We had the first of the new model and all the niggles have now been fixed from the 07/08 model onwards.

If it fits your budget, get the 2.2 TDi (ES model was ours) fantastic engine. That or that old fav, the TypeR!

March 1, 2010
  7. Blue Witch said:

Very nice.

Looks rather like a stretched out Clio I’d say.

I agree with Graybo on the keyless entry. Good luck if it starts to go wrong… Husband of a Crafty Lady had his in the garage every week for computer reset for 18 weeks. Eventually he got very very cross and they replaced the unit. Personally I wouldn’t have been made to wait 18 weeks.

March 2, 2010

Yeah, well I tend to look on the positive about these things. IF it goes wrong it’ll get fixed.

March 2, 2010
  9. wee sis said:

It’s just lurvly!! Think my next car will be black, makes it v sexy!

March 2, 2010