RunKeeper

runkeeper, originally uploaded by Gordon.

First run with this and it’s BANG on the money, you can even see which side of the road I ran down. Brilliant.

It’s still early days, and doesn’t have the same depth of information that a website like Fetch does but it’s quick and works far better than the Nike+ website.

1. graybo said:

Hmm. It seems to show you drunkenly staggering all over the road, not really keeping to one side or the other.

I suggest that you don’t have it switched on during Friday nights.

October 27, 2008
  2. swisstoni said:

oh, now that is interesting….. I’m on the lookout for something like this, and have been thinking about the Garmin Forerunner 405 too. So, is this easy to use or what?

ST

October 28, 2008

easy to use? hell yeah.

Install the app on yer iPhone. Use the app to signup for an account. Start whatever music you want, switch to RunKeeper and hit ‘start’ (you can lock it too).

When you are done, hit ‘stop’ and it’ll upload your run to the website.

Done. Simple. It still lacks some features but I’m hoping they’ll come along, I’m gonna stick with it for the meantime.

Ohh and it’s free…

October 28, 2008
  4. Ian D said:

Their forums did mention upgrading to allow sharing route’s/runs with others.

October 28, 2008
  5. Brian said:

Hey Gordon,

You should try out Fitnio.
    Its another free fitness app for the iphone that is super easy to use and includes a lot of cool features RunKeeper lacks. (eg. tells you how many calories you’ve burned).

I find Fitnio’s App and website to be a lot easier to use.
    Plus the Fitnio website lets you send/post a link of your run.

Check it out, I left RunKeeper for Fitnio and haven’t looked back:

October 29, 2008
  6. wow. I don’t have an iphone yet but its certainly on the cards. You have just given me another reason to save.

November 1, 2008
  7. Lesley said:

If you’d run just a bit further, you could have stopped off for a cup of tea at my Auntie’s in Auchincampbell Drive.

November 3, 2008
  8. Al said:

What’s even more interesting (for me) is that you ran right past my office window.

November 13, 2008