Some brief thoughts that sparked through my head after the “terror” attack on Glasgow Airport.
1. Glasgow, my home city. All of a sudden it’s close to home. Doubly so as I drive right past the runway every day on my way to work every day.
2. Glasgow, isn’t a capital city, why didn’t they hit Edinburgh?
3. If they HAD gotten the vehicle inside it would have been awful.. queues of people waiting to checkin would’ve been about 15 feet from the doorway the car hit.
4. Ummm the car was too wide for the doors?
5. Ummmm they only used one car, and were targetting one end of a long narrow building. Even if they HAD have gotten in… the building would probably still be usable…
6. Can we stop reporting that the terrorists are Asian? It’s wholly pointless really.
7. Who was the last white terrorist?
8. BBC News 24 is awful. The fact that “some ministers have been seen heading for No.10” is NOT news!
9. I seem to be de-sensitised to this already. I’m not sure if that’s a good thing or not.
So today I’ll watch the French Grand Prix, do a little work and try, again, to get my Wifi connection to play nicely with my Mac.
Just another Sunday really. Except it’s not, it’s now tainted with thoughts of car bombs and suspicion is creeping in… paranoia to follow?