My new PC has arrived!
I spent a fair chunk of time last night un-installing the supplied software, and installing my preferred choices and all in all it’s pretty darn sleek, fast and quiet. Still a few things to tweak and tinker with but, by and large, it’s all setup how I like it.
I’m still using Windows, XP not Vista, and I’m still with DELL as the past 5 and half years have been largely hassle free. Of course I’ve future proofed things as much as I could (plus they had a double RAM offer, although that now seems a little ludicrous..).
For the geeks then:
- Intel Viiv Core 2 Duo Processor (2.4GHz, 1066MHz, 4MB)
- Dual Channel DDR2 677MHz (4×1024) – they wouldn’t give me two 2GB modules.. buggers.
- 500 GB (2x250GB) Serial ATA (7200 Rpm)
- 256MB Nvidia GeForce 7900GS
- Dell 20″ UltraSharp Wide Aspect Digital/Analogue Flat Panel
- Audio Integrated HDA 7.1 Dolby Digital capability
- 16x DVD rewriter (and I’ll slap my other one into it later on)
It’s Vista capable but given the widespread issues that seem to be multiplying daily, I’m holding off until later before, maybe, upgrading. It’s also the first PC I’ve owned that didn’t have a floppy drive.
Now all I need to do is get my cable modem to keep a connection for more than 5 minutes and I’m sorted… vaguely recollect that I need to supply the MAC address of the new PC to my ISP…??
So, as soon as I get my connection sorted I’ll be able to get on with the two site designs I need to get finished this month, and kick off some Scottish Blogs activities. And, of course, I’ll finally be able to catch up with all my favourite blogs.