Sunday on the Main Stage
Final day of the festival, and here’s the artists appearing on the main stage (reverse order of appearance):
- Goldie Lookin Chain – never heard of them, so are they worth a gander?
- Scissor Sisters – No questions here. I WILL be catching them (Mike would never forgive me!)
- Franz Ferdinand – Probably one of the big draws of the day, why are they on so early?
- The Thrills – nice album but not sure how it will transfer live, not too fussed if I miss them.
- PJ Harvey – OOPS not bought her new album yet! First lady of rock, live? You bet! (Anyone for a repeat of THAT Glasto pic?)
- Kings of Leon – one of my albums of last year, not sure how they will be live.
- Pixies – Errr… I know I should but .. well I’m not actually that bothered.
- The Strokes – Headlining. Really? Two good albums, a good sound but again I’ll probably be at the NME stage for Massive Attack.
So Sunday on the main stage consists of Scissor Sisters, Franz Ferdinand, PJ Harvey and maybe the Kings of Leon. As I already feared, Sunday is the day where I WILL have to miss an act I’d like to see.. there’s just too many!
Of course WHO I catch depends on the running order, as I’m pretty sure that the Main Stage and NME Stage try and stagger starting times. This may mean catching half of an act here and there but it’s better than nothing. Later on I’ll post the bands I’ll definitely be trying to catch. Who knows, I might even blog from the event itself!
(Anyone know of a PDA version of Blogger? There used to be one but it’s gone now…)