In what is fast becoming a monthly tradition (well every tradition has to start somewhere) I took myself to FOPP at lunchtime. I managed to stay within my self-allotted 30 minutes/£30 limit as well. The following purchases were made:
- Busta Rhymes – Turn it up! The very best of.
- The Legendary songs of Cole Porter – Various Artists (Peggy Lee, Billie Holiday, Louis Armstrong and the like).
- R.E.M. – Dead Letter Office.
- Sheryl Crow – C’mon C’mon.
- Retrospective: Best of Suzanne Vega.
Hmm quite a musical day really.
Tonight it’s off to the pub to meet up with my mates. Not seen them since December so plenty of catching up to do, and no doubt plenty of Guinness as well. Probably just as well that Louise is staying at her sister’s tonight as the ‘morning after’ a night on the Guinness is… well, let’s just say ‘fragrant’.
So if anyone is out and about in Merchant City (Glasgow) tonight, let me know – we are starting in BlackFriars at 5ish.