So, that was 2007, was it?
I’ve always meant to do something like this but never found the time… ohh ok, the inclination, before. Perhaps that’s because it is somewhat overly narcissistic but, well, that’s never stopped me before..
So here is a (skewed) look at the past year, as seen through the eyes of this blog:
- I tried to explain what technical writing was all about but ended up just discussing how to make a cup of tea
- Post of the Week was launched
- I started a new job
- I started the oneman rebranding
- I was the god of the morning
- We attended a wedding
- I waited for Louise to return from Spain
- I saw Eagles of Death Metal in Glasgow
- I saw Arcade Fire in Glasgow
- We bought a new car (and I continued to mention it through to the end of April, sorry about that)
- Shaggy Blog Stories was launched
- I got the most comments I’ve ever had (and yes, I’m still humbled by the response)
- I become a corporate shill for Arena Flowers
- I switched to exclusively use online personal productivity apps
- I quietly bought a MacBook and went to Spain
- I ran 10K for the first time in my life
- and 2 days later I broke 30 mins for 5k
- I pondered Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn (and have since ‘got’ Twitter and ditched Facebook)
- I posted some silly stories about my Mum
- I (completely by accident) prompted a fascinating discussion about social values
- I sat in scribbled on a notepad in Starbucks, then posted the results
- I played with an O2 Cocoon
- I tried to decide how much to pay for the latest Radiohead album
- I did a silly thing (which I’m still embarassed about)
- I confessed my addiction
- And my guilty pleasure
- I constructed a wine rack (“built” would be a little grandiose)
- Someone got my bank account details and stole my monies! Fucker
- I professed my love for Brussel Sprouts
- I suggested people should say goodbye if they are going
- Realised I was going to be quite busy this month
And in December
And it was at that point I decided to pre-publish some posts, including this one!
It’s funny to look back at the past year and see the things I DIDN’T blog about. Two new babies in our group of friends (Gregor and Gregory), our nephew Christopher was in for cosmetic surgery, and a myriad of other events and things, books read, places and people visited, and so on and so forth.
It’s been quite a year.