First up, thanks to everyone for the great response, it’s very much appreciated. As I said, the best suggested “Power Track” will win a CD of the following playlist (plus a few other tracks that I’ve already picked myself).
Picking tracks for someone else to run to is tricky as everyone runs at a different pace, something I’m still discovering for myself. However with so many good suggestions I couldn’t really fail to come up with a pretty decent playlist. Some of the choices below are mine. Ohh and if you can’t be bothered skimming down the list just skip to the end and find out which “Power Track” worked best for me!
- Road to Nowhere by Talking heads – suggested by Hans
- Praise You by Fatboy Slim – suggested by Hans
- California by Tupac shakur – suggested by Hans
- Long Hard Road out of Hell by Marilyn Manson – suggested by Tom
- Jenny Was A Friend of Mine by The Killers – suggested by thecatgirl
- Been Caught Stealing by Jane’s Addiction – suggested by thecatgirl
- Chinese Burn (lunatic calm mix) by Curve – suggested by Lyle
- Love Removal Machine by The Cult – suggested by Lyle
- Hypersonic by Janes Addiction – suggested by Lyle
- You’re fit (but you know it) by The Streets – suggested by Thom
- Matinee by Franz Ferdinand – suggested by Thom
- Bohemian like you by The Dandy Warhols – suggested by Thom
- Slow Down by Interpol – suggested by Thom
- Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger by Daft Punk – suggested by Andy
- Technologic by Daft Punk – suggested by Andy
- World Wide Suicide by Pearl Jam – suggested by Andy
- Get Free by The Vines – suggested by Andy
- Time to Burn by Storm – suggested by Ian D
- Sky Starts Falling by Doves – suggested by Ian D
- Waterfront by Simple Minds – suggested by Ian D
- Two Months Off by Underworld – suggested by Ian D
- Yeke Yeke (Hardfloor remix) by Mory Kante – suggested by Rachie
- She sells sanctuary by The Cult – suggested by Hans
- Breathe by The Prodigy- suggested by Hans
- You’ll Be Under My Wheels (ex Smoke) by The Prodigy – suggested by Hans
- Laid by James – suggested by Hans
- Lose Yourself by Eminem – suggested by Hans
- She Is Beautiful by Andrew WK. – suggested by jen
- The Eye of the Tiger by Survivor – suggested by Murphy
- Song 2 by Blur – suggested by Andy
- Lil Devil by The Cult – suggested by Lyle
- Down by the Water by PJ Harvey – suggested by Lyle
- Born to be Wild by Steppenwolf – suggested by matthew
- Karma Chameleon by Culture Club – suggested by Peter
- Pounding by Doves – suggested by Neil
- Rock ‘N Roll Star by Oasis – suggested by Neil
- Waterfront by Simple Minds – suggested by Neil
- Love Shack by B52s – suggested by Neil
- Can’t Stop by Red Hot Chili Peppers – suggested by Neil
- Wake Up by Rage Against the machine – suggested by BB
Now, rather than guess as to what a good “Power Track” would be, I thought I’d road test them and so I took this playlist round Strathclyde Park on Sunday (jog/walk) and can confirm that the winner of “Best Power Track” is..
*ham and cheese roll*
500 Miles by The Proclaimers as suggested by Lesley!
From the strummed guitar opening, to the rousing chorus, this is both patriotic AND matches my stride pattern at a push, I was visibly bouncing along when this came on (not sure the people I ran past appreciated my singing much mind you). So congratulations to Lesley for a great choice! Your CD is ready and waiting to be claimed.
And thanks again to all of you for your suggestions, including the ones that didn’t make the playlist!